Check out these awesome thigh tattoos. they are filled with color, meaning, and incredible technique.
- This is a cool take on the classic Tim Burton film “The Nightmare Before Christmas“. The color that is swirling around this tattoo gives this image fun movement, life, and creativity. The way that the blue and the purple comnbine in the center of the tattoo with the sun in the background really brings this tattoo together.
2. I love the creativity, color, and size of this tattoo. This is a great image of the character Puss in Boots from the movie Shrek. The big beady eyes make this cat even cuter than most cats already are. the perfectly placed white ink gives this tattoo a shine. The sword that the cat is holding and the background colors show that this tattoo artist knows exactly what he or she is doing and that color tattoos is his specialty.
3. Now this is a beautiful thigh piece. this amazing black and white portrait with a mixture of sugar skull take was a very cool idea. If you closely at the face you can see some stitches etched onto the face and around the eyes. The red flowers in the hair and red necklace around the neck add the perfect amount of color to this mainly black and grey portrait. The shadows are perfectly placed on this tattoo really makes this tattoo come to life.
4. From what you can see of this cute thigh tattoo, you can see a beautiful butterfly and a pine tree. the black and grey decision on this tattoo was a good idea. It keeps this tattoo and classy and clean.
5. These two thigh tattoos are completely different but compliment each other perfectly. The color in the roses on the right side are amazing. The clock is really well done and looks like a real clock. The banner that reads “tea time” shows that this person may be English or loves tea. Another piece of evidence is that their is a cup of tea underneath the clock and the banner. The other tattoo on the other thigh is filled with beautiful blues, dark greys, and movement. With the mountains and clouds in the background and the little house makes this piece look like a beautiful portrait.
6. What a beautiful and scary tattoo. The scary little animal looks like he is ready to defend its territory and rip your head off. The beautiful red flowers and the vegetation that is surrounding this tattoo are beautiful. All of the vegetation and flowers that surround this little white animal creates a focal point and helps you to focus on this fierce and ferocious little possum.
7. This is a beautiful upper thigh tattoo of a butterfly. This tattoo is higher than most thigh tattoos and that makes it a little more sexier than the average thigh tattoo. The butterfly has great symmetry and the shading on the wings was really well done. The butterfly represents freedom, and transformation, So I wonder if that has any meaning to this person.
8. What a clever and color tattoo. This fox tattoo wearing a hat is really well done. Every detail in this tattoo is perfectly done and the color is well executed. The pink bow and ribbon have a great shine to them and the leaves coming off the bottom are a great addition. The ears of the fox and the banner surrounding the fox are filled with detail and smooth color.
9. This is a clever take on a classic thigh tattoo of a heart. The details within this beautiful heart and the choice of color was a smart move on the tattoo artist and the person getting this tattoo. I love the depth of this tattoo and the decoration the surrounds the center of the heart. The choice in colors of yellow, brown, and dark green, is something you don’t see very often but it was a perfect choice in colors.
10. Talk about a tattoo that is filled with detail and color. The elephant typically represents power and wisdom, and this person was wise in her decision to get a beautiful tattoo. The wrinkles within the trunk of the elephant, the shading in the tusks, and the wide eyes make this elephant even more realistic. The background colors of this tattoo are really what make this tattoo stand out. The background reminds me of a traditional Indian culture and really pops. The bright colors and dark shades are brilliantly placed.
11. This tattoo would have taken hours and hours to complete. This peacock looks like it could walk off of this woman’s ribs and side. The colors within the feathers and the details between each individual feather is breath taking. I love the turquoise, purple, and red combinations. even the face of the bird is as realistic as a real birds face. Overall this is an impressive tattoo that’s trumps a ton of others.
12. What a mix of life and death combined in one tattoo. The skulls that are decorating this tattoo and surrounding the flowers and leaves are beautiful. It was a good choice to keep this black and grey because it keeps it classy and clean. Each animal skull as we can see is very different but they compliment each other very well. The one on the right is a skull with giant antlers, the one in the center has horns like an elk, and the one on the far left must be some sort of big cat by evidence of the teeth sticking out of the mouth and lack of horns.
13. This black and white and grey tattoo is aw inspiring and perfectly executed. The roses look like they are real and could be plucked off of this woman’s thigh. The pearls that are being draped across this tattoo give this tattoo movement and whole new level of elegance. I love how the white ink was added to really make these pearls shine and stand out in the midst of all that is going on in this tattoo. The shadows are perfectly placed in this tattoo and give this piece so much depth. The way that the light grey shadow tribal slides in the background effortlessly is just as impressive as the rest of the tattoo.
14. This tattoo is a cool mix of a classic Native American traditional symbol and the Mexican style of sugar skulls. The decoration within the skull is a beautiful addition to this tattoo and the detail within each feather is off the wall amazing. This tattoo has a very hardcore and bad ass feel to it. As the tattoo goes up the thigh and onto the hip, the tattoo would have gotten more and more painful but worth the pain for sure.
15. The shadowing within this tattoo and the style is very unique and beautiful. The way that this tattoo is done almost makes it look more like a piece of jewelry rather than a tattoo. This piece has symmetry in every part of it. The strings falling down are even, The shading is on point and the larger designs are exactly the same on all sides as well. A tattoo like this will compliment anything that this woman wears that allows her to show it off.
16. Tattoos that compliment each other but at the same time stand out on their own are always fun to look at. These two pieces are obviously individual pieces, but it feels like if one wasn’t there, it wouldn’t feel complete. These sugar skulls were kept black and grey which is a very unique decision for a tattoo that is usually filled with tons of colors. It almost allows you imagine
17. I am falling in love with tattoo more and more the longer that I stare at it. This classic child hood image of a marry-go-round has been transformed into a beautiful masterpiece tattoo. the black and grey take was a good idea and the splash of color could not have been more perfect. The paint is giving the impression that the marry-go-round is going so fast that the paint is flying off, or that a splash of paint may have accidently fallen on this beautiful tattoo. All I know is that this is an amazing piece of art.
18. Owls are know to symbolize wisdom and this person made a wise choice in getting this beautiful tattoo. this classy and clean owl looks as if it staring deep into your soul and maybe even passed it. The line work on the body and head of the owl is clean and consistent. It seems like their are virtually no mistakes within this piece. This person could have decided to fill this tattoo with a multitude of colors, but she decided to keep it simple and classy.
19. This compass tattoo is stunning and beautiful. This compass proves that this person was going ion the right direction in choosing to get this tattoo. The shadowing and shading in this tattoo are perfectly placed and really give this tattoo a whole lot of depth. This compass almost looks like its simply resting on the leg of this woman.
20. The wolf on this persons right legs (my left) reminds me of the big bad wolf. I think the choice to use more brown and grey over black and grey gives this tattoo a historical look. Just like when you see writing on old paper, this reminds me of an old image. The deer on the other leg looks oblivious and innocent. The landscape behind the deer brings a sense of peace to this whole side of the tattoo. If I had to guess, it looks like this deer has been stuffed and mounted.
21. This deer tattoo is beyond cool. It looks like classic deer tattoo was put through a modern feel and they mixed those two styles. This deer tattoo was done very well by the tattoo artist and it was made to look like an oil painting. That is not easy to do for a tattoo artist. This deer is popping out of the frame and is demanding the center stage of this tattoo. The color is perfect and the entirety of this piece is overall breath taking.
22. This tattoo is a mix o dangerous and sexy. This old school gun that you would typically see in the hands of a pirate is being hidden underneath this beautiful and sexy piece. The turquoise and black combo really brings this whole tattoo together. This whole tattoo was done in a really realistic way and its super impressive.
We hope that you have enjoyed looking at these beautiful and unique thigh tattoos. We hope that it has encouraged you and given you some ideas for your next thigh tattoo.