Sometimes You Just Want a Guy to Notice You!
Have you ever wished you could snap your fingers and make a guy fall head over heels in love with you? I am sure it is many a girl’s dream come true – to be chased by the guy who makes you weak at the knees, and not have to do anything at all but be your wonderful self! That sort of thing never happens in real life though, does it?
No, in real life the guys you like almost always don’t even realize you exist! So some girls like to get a guy’s attention by making him jealous – But does it really work? Well, the outcome depends on two things:
- What do you want to achieve as an end result?
- What are your real reasons for doing it in the first place?
If your end aims and your initial reasons for making your guy jealous are positive, then you have a good chance of making your dreams come true!
Is It Okay To Want to Make a Guy Jealous?
There are many valid reasons for wanting to make a guy feel jealous.
- Perhaps you feel neglected in your relationship and you want your guy to pay more attention to you? There’s nothing wrong with wanting to feel special and desired!
- Or maybe you want to give your guy a taste of his own medicine and let him know how you feel when he flirts with other women? Sometimes the only way you can make a person understand the effects of their own behavior, and help them to change, is to hand them a mirror!
- What if there is a guy who seems to go out of his way to ignore the fact that you really like him? Can you ignite his natural male instincts to compete with other guys and chase you, simply by making him jealous? Well actually, this might be one of the most valid reasons to make a guy jealous! And we will explore it further in a minute.
When Is It Wrong To Want to make a Guy Jealous?
If you have other reasons for wanting to make a guy feel jealous, try to think about the outcome you want. Is it a positive outcome you are looking for? Is it realistic? Or is it malicious? Intentionally wanting to hurt a guy by making him feel jealous is cruel, there is no real constructive outcome, and it isn’t going to make you feel any better or achieve anything in the long run.
If this is the case, then maybe it is better for you to focus on trying to find positive ways to resolve your own issues – work out why you feel the way you do and try to take responsibility for your own feelings, instead of projecting it onto someone else.
When you take responsibility for yourself, you are also taking control, and you will feel much stronger and able to focus on things that genuinely make you feel happy and good about yourself.
Remember: Revenge is always ugly and pointless. If you don’t have a positive aim – don’t bother!
Tap Into His Natural Male Instincts to Chase You (By Making Him Jealous!)
Let’s go back to my favorite reason to make a guy jealous – tapping into his natural male instincts to chase you.
All men are hard-wired to enjoy the thrill of the chase. One way of getting the guy you like to take notice of you is to show him that there is competition, and this is where trying to make him jealous can have a positive effect!
Essentially, when you go about trying to make a guy jealous, what you really want to do is kick start him into action. You want to show him that other guys want you and that there is a ticking clock if he wants to get in there first. It is not about hurting anyone; instead it is about giving them a gentle shove in the right direction! Or inspiring them to take action and ask you out!
Here’s how to do it:
- Go out of your way to flirt with everyone but him. This will get his initial attention! If he secretly already likes you, but hasn’t been showing it, he will suddenly feel under pressure to get your attention, because he can see that he has competition. You have upped the stakes!
- When you have caught his attention, start to flirt with him too, but not as much as with the others. You want to make him work harder for your attention, but you don’t want him to a) Think you’re not interested at all, or b) Be put off because you’re all over him immediately. All that is going to do is spoil the thrill of the chase for him! The less you show you like him, the more interested and focused he will be on finding out what the others see in you.
- When he sees that other guys are responsive to your flirtatious personality, you can start to work this to your advantage and make him jealous by directing more of your attention towards the guys who are reciprocating it. Make it look fun; make him want to be a part of the banter. You want to get him to the point where he is competing with his mates for your attention. Don’t forget to laugh and smile and joke and tease. Just have fun with it, and enjoy being the center of attention!
- As soon as your guy sees that his friends desire you, you will immediately become a more desirable prospect to him. So even if he didn’t think he fancied you to begin with, the mere fact that other guys are competing for your attention will make him want to be part of the fun too. Now he is on the chase!
Why Would a Guy Pretend Not To Be Interested In You?
Never be put off by a guy who appears uninterested, or who is giving you mixed signals. There are many reasons your guy may not have made it obvious that he likes you. Here are some of them…
- Some guys are shy and don’t know how to approach you.
- Others may be worried that you don’t feel the same way and are afraid of rejection.
- Often guys have to deal with a lot of peer pressure within their own social groups, and this can affect confidence levels. Guys who are affected by peer pressure may be more cautious about the types of girls they show interest in, because they need the approval of their peers.
- Maybe he is worried that his friends will make fun of him for liking you.
- Or maybe he isn’t sure if he likes you enough yet to let you know!
If a guy isn’t being obvious about the fact that he likes you, don’t worry about it. Just focus on luring him into the chase…
How To Lure a Guy Into The Chase By Making Him Jealous
The absolute best way to lure a guy into chasing you, once you have caught his attention is by playing hard to get. When you play hard to get, you can do small things to create jealousy or more importantly desire, which will encourage your guy to work harder at getting your attention. Here are some ideas.
1. Be unavailable by living your own life. Nothing drives a man wilder than when he can’t seem to pin down the girl he is interested in. The more unavailable you are, the more attractive you become, because the guy has to work harder to get your attention. So continue to put your life first, and let him work hard for your time. Tip: The harder a guy has to work to get you, the more precious you become to them! Guys are more likely to fall deeply in love with girls who were more of a challenge to get.
2. Accept other dates. If you show the guy you like that other guys are interested in you, and want to take you out, then his natural competitiveness will kick in. His jealousy will act in a positive way and make him want to compete with other guys in order to win your affections. It will become his mission to get in there first! Tip: When you start accepting dates from other guys, you are basically putting your guy’s chase on a timer, which actually makes it more exciting and intense for him!
3. Make him jealous by turning him into your confidante. There’s nothing worse than becoming the guy who the girl goes to for advice on her love life, especially when the guy you go to for your advice is falling for you – Imagine the frustration! If you can become comfortable enough with your guy to confide in him about all of your love problems though, then not only will you be able to pull at his jealousy strings in order to get him to take action and tell you how he feels, but you will also be providing him with valuable personal insight, so that he has the opportunity to sabotage all of your other dates and keep you all to himself until he finds the courage to ask you out!
Remember: Sometimes invoking seemingly negative emotions in a guy, can work in a positive way to give them that extra prompt they might need in order to get him to share his true feelings with you! If your intentions are pure, then the outcome will be exactly what you deserve – success!