Hilda Hutcherson, M.D., a professor at Columbia University states that sex can make a person physically healthier. There is no man, who can imagine his life without sex because it is a pleasant and useful part of daily life. But sometimes a man refrains from sex for many reasons, and if this celibacy is too long, then it may be adverse to the body.
What are the consequences? What are the benefits of sex? How to improve your sex life? The possible answers to these questions are disclosed here.
Regular sex is not only a tool, which helps to foster a sense of intimacy between partners, to reduce stress, and bolster the self-esteem. It’s a powerful means to create a joyful and healthy life. It has certain benefits for our health and they cannot be overestimated.
So, what does sex bring into your life?
- It lowers the blood pressure and cuts down the risk of heart diseases. According to statistics, almost 45 percent of men, who had sex at least twice a week, were less likely to suffer from heart diseases.
- Sexual activity is a perfect physical exercise. It tones up all muscles, burns calories, boosts the heart rate and strengthens the heart muscle. Studies prove that sexual activity may be compared to a modest workout on a treadmill.
- It improves sleep. Cindy M. Meston, Ph.D., director of the Sexual Psychophysiology Laboratory at the University of Texas at Austin says that during the sexual intercourse endorphins and prolactin are released. After the sexual activity, the body is relaxed and the spirit is calm and you fall asleep quicker.
- Regular sex rejuvenates the body and improves the condition of the skin. It keeps levels of estrogen and testosterone balanced, that is why you look young. On top of that, it eliminates toxins and balances hormone levels, and as a result, your skin becomes cleaner.
- Sex reduces the risk of prostate cancer. Studies prove that men, who ejaculate at least 21 times per month, have fewer chances to get prostate cancer.
What Does Happen To Your Body When You Stop Having Sex?
Apart from intense mental issues such as depression, decreased concentration, groundless sadness, there are serious consequences, which the lack of sex in your life may cause.
When you are turned on, then blood flows into your penis and you achieve an erection. But sometimes it happens that it’s unattainable to sustain a proper erection, this condition is called erectile dysfunction. Researches have shown certain correlations between erectile dysfunction and a long abstention from sex.
Weak Immune System
As Dr. Cory B. Honickman states, when you don’t have sex for a long time, then the immune system is weakened. You become prone to respiratory diseases, suffer from fatigue, irritation, and the loss of appetite.
The research, conducted at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania, shows that those, who have sex regularly, have higher levels of Immunoglobulin A (IgA) in their bodies than those, who don’t have sex. IgA helps to fight illnesses such as cold and flu.
Constant stress is another negative effect of your celibacy. Studies prove that orgasm relieves tension and releases the hormone oxytocin, which is known as the hormone of love. It contributes to the feeling relaxed and serene. Besides, if you feel stressed out all the time, then you may suffer from insomnia and anxiety, which lead to sleep disorders.
Eventually, you become more distracted and depressed. And, due to chronic depression, diseases of the cardiovascular system can arise.
Libido decreases when you have a long abstinence. Some experts reckon that having sex regularly keeps your libido strong and keeps the body toned up. Thus, Dr. Mark Lawton from the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV assumes that “Having sex raises testosterone levels in the body, which increases libido and leads to more sexual desire.”
So, when you have sex less often, then your brain adjusts to it and you won’t desire it.
Constant Sexual Drive
Without regular ejaculation, your penis can arise every time you see a woman. Sometimes you do it unconsciously, this is due to an unsatisfied sexual desire. Semen is stored in the balls, which causes a constant pulling pain. Besides, you may also face the problem of premature ejaculation. Masturbation may help, but sex is better. Remember that your penis is a muscle – use it or lose it.
During the sexual intercourse endorphins are produced, but when there is no sex and orgasm, then the body tries to get these hormones from fats and carbohydrates. So you eat more, but the physical load is reduced.
During sex, a person is able to burn about 200 calories, and when it is absent, then the chances of gaining excessive weight increase.
Premature Skin Aging
The skin remains elastic and smooth when it has enough collagen. During sex, a hormone, which triggers the production of collagen, is produced. It was found that people who have sex three times a week, look 2-3 years younger than their peers.
Tips For A Healthy Sex Life
If you want to boost your libido, diversify the sexual life, which will strengthen the relationship, then you may adhere to the following tips:
- Don’t drink alcohol and smoke because it can affect your erection negatively. Resins and other substances that enter the body with tobacco smoke, increase the level of “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, which hinders the liver function. The blood of the smoker is dense and it is poorly saturated with oxygen so that it circulates poorly in the network of blood vessels and capillaries. As a result, its inflow to the genital organs decreases.
- Be sure to receive enough amount of vitamin D. It prevents the formation of arterial plaque, which is connected with erectile dysfunction.
- Do high-intensity interval training exercises (HIIT) regularly. Physical activity helps to increase the production of human growth hormone (HGH). This hormone promotes the development of muscle mass, reduces body fat, improves sleep and memory, but what is more important is that it increases libido. When the level of this hormone is low, then your libido and sexual performance are reduced.
- Have a restorative sleep. It can impact hormones and stress response Besides, it restores energy and reduces fatigue, which promotes a more active sexual life.
- Take choline and vitamin B5 supplements. They boost up the level of acetylcholine (ACH), it enhances your sexual activity. The sources of choline are liver, raw cauliflower, oysters and raw eggs, vitamin B5 may be found in mushrooms, cheese, avocado, chicken, and turkey.
- Incorporate healthy food into your diet. If you consume much fat, it may trigger obesity and high cholesterol level. These factors may be the reason for cardiovascular diseases. For a better sex life, consume avocados (they are rich in unsaturated fat, which is good for your arteries). Almonds include important minerals as zinc and selenium, they enhance libido. Moreover, go for seafood, it is an aphrodisiac and contains oil, essential for the heart health.
Thus, sex is an activity, which promotes your physical and mental health. Make sure to have a regular sexual life and you will have confidence in your manhood, stress will be reduced and you’ll just enjoy life to the fullest!
Written by Nancy Cooper http://thecrossfitshoes.com/